Modern slavery and human trafficking statement
We are committed to ensuring that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in our organisation or any of our supply chains. To help us identify and mitigate risks of slavery and human trafficking, we have the following protections in place.
- Rigorously vetting new agents, contractors and suppliers before placing contracts with them, including taking references for all new suppliers.
- Obtaining assurance from existing suppliers that they abide by the new legislation and have checks in place for their own supply chains.
- Ensuring that our paper and materials are ethically and sustainably sourced.
- Complying with requirements to achieve a Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) SKA rating, which requires office fit out materials to be sourced ethically and in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Thoroughly vetting and training all representatives (globally) and only engaging reputable organisations or individuals to act on our behalf (including sourcing hotels for international travel and events).
- Only using reputable agencies to provide staff or services and ensuring that those staff are paid the national minimum wage, as a minimum.
- Complying with best practice when recruiting and employing staff.
- Establishing clear and effective lines of communication with our international representatives, and with examiners and staff travelling overseas, which they can use to report any concerns. We always act promptly on any feedback.
This statement was approved by ABRSM’s Governing Body on 25 June 2020 and will be reviewed annually.
25 June 2020